Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Will Facebook kill Society? (not related to real estate)

I am a gadget freak. I am addicted to electronic stuff, especially if it helps me get to the Internet. My addiction is a disease, and I am ashamed to admit that the gene has been passed on to my son.  Which may explain why I found this discussion of how gadgets are changing all of us so interesting, and, yes, a little unsettling.

I'll raise a question and invite your comment: Are gadgets good for society? Define "good" and "society" as you will--just please make your definitions clear in context.

(sent from my Blackberry)






1 comment:

Business Library said...

Well I'm not gonna do your assignment, but I will leave some thoughts. Hamlet's Blackberry sounds interesting, and I'll read it in one format or another, but shortly after I read that review, I read "Hooked on Gadgets, and Paying a Mental Price", and that article hit home with me.

Not sure what it all means though. I know I like my gadgets, and I know my kids should use theirs less frequently. I think I'll start with a self-imposed moratorium to see if I can do it. If so, and if it makes a difference, maybe I'll decree that at least one day a week be technology-free in our house. Maybe.